Friday, June 4, 2010

beautiful girl

my motivation for shooting women's bodies is not simply about making them "look sexy"(don't get me wrong i think that looking sexy has it's place too!), but more about giving them confidence to see themselves as beautiful no matter what age, shape or size. often i shoot with girls who are size 8-14 not 0-4. i love that. most often the women that have come to me are not ones that would normally choose to do this type of shoot and are surprised that they are brave enough to be doing it!

our society sends a lot of messages about beauty. i will not spend the time here to go on the rant that i could, if you live in america and are a woman then you already know all about these issues and how hard it is to fight them. i am an average size girl myself and have fought my whole life to be happy with my body. most girls do the same.

when i became a photographer my passion was really about showing everyone that they were beautiful. everyone. this is simply an extension of that.

and by the way, one of the best parts of these shoots that i have discovered is that when the photos are for the significant other in your life they ALWAYS LOVE them! they think you are gorgeous, i promise. (:

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

No comments: