Friday, May 30, 2014

Strong, Confident, Happy and Beautiful. Woman.

Laura is the kind of woman that I immediately want as a new friend. She is open and honest. She knew her style and yet was open to letting me take the reigns, like when I suggested she put on a floor length black gown and asked her to dance around the room. That was a lot of fun! 

She said she trusted me to know what would work. In the end one of those dancing portraits was the one she had made into a large canvas wall print to hang in her home. I was thrilled since it was one of my favorites from the session as well. You can see it as the first portrait below. 

Laura came to me to document this time in her life. She had just turned 45 and wanted to capture some beautiful portraits before another ten years flew by. Laura wanted to be able to look back and say this is who I am. She is a strong, confident, happy, beautiful woman. I celebrate all those ideas with her. And with every woman. I think every day is a day to stop and celebrate who we work hard to be. Or who we have become. 

I believe that with confidence we gain power. We gain power over who we are and how we act in the world. We have power to say no and the confidence to go after what we want. I see a lot of value in that. And I love it when I can share those things with another woman. I thank Laura for sharing who she is and letting me capture it for her. 

                                                                    Love who you are right now. - Jen























No comments: