Tuesday, September 2, 2014

Kelley gets surprised with a make over portrait session

Malina came to me to do a boudoir session for her husband as a second anniversary gift. I loved working with Malina. She was confident and hilarious and we hit it off right away! Totally the kind of person you want in your friend circle. So when she got in touch and said she had a long time friend that she wanted to gift a glamour session to I was really excited. I knew the woman that she brought would be great to work with as well...and I was right! Kelley had no idea what she was walking into when she left that morning with Malina. She rolled with it though and spent most of the time with the most beautiful smile on her face and/or giggling about something. (As you can see from the portrait below)

I especially love it when friends come in to the studio together. I love getting to know them while they have their hair and makeup done. The conversation flows from kids to coffee and over to our view on the world. It reminds me why I do what I do. Because connecting with people is what life is all about. Talking about who we are and what we believe in. What motivates us and keeps us happy. Getting to witness friends who have known each other forever, can finish each others sentences and still have things to learn about each other is truly a gift. Lucky I am to get to be included in the inner circle of these relationships and to capture them as well. Thank you to both Malina and Kelley for sharing who they are and allowing me to capture their spirit.  

                                                       In life and love - Jen









No comments: