Tuesday, August 4, 2015

Mother daughter portraits at Ft. Williams, Cape Elizabeth Maine

When Tiffany called we had a conversation so that I could get to know her a bit. I wanted to know why she wanted portraits of she and her daughter right now. What was special in her life. And, of course, what she wanted for products for her home. 

I found out that Tiffany isn't from Maine, she is from Atlanta, Georgia and really wanted to capture the beauty of Maine. It is so different then where she is from! I also learned about her daughter Jordan and how she was born way too early. How Jordan came into the world at a whopping one pound! She was in the hospital for three months, but you would never know it today. Tiffany thinks of Jordan has her miracle and I can see why. All parents think our children are the most amazing wonder of the world so I can't even imagine what it must have been like for Tiffany when Jordan was born. What a scary time that must have been for Tiffany. Her connection with Jordan was a joy to watch and capture. 

 She choose Ft. Williams in Cape Elizabeth since there are several spots there that she really loves to spend time at. I agree that is a perfect Maine backdrop for portraits. There is the grassy open lawn with the dappled light and a rocky beach that Maine is so known for. The evening was perfect the night that we chose to go out together. 

If you are thinking about portraits make sure you take the action and just call. What matters on a day to day basis are these times. The moments spent just hanging out with our family or children. We spend so much time at work or rushing from one appointment to the next that soon years have gone by. I am always so joyous at being able to savor these memories for my clients. So that they can always look back and remember them fondly. 

I am starting this post with the portrait of her finished wooden keepsake box. These boxes are selling like hotcakes. They have an image printed into the top of the wooden lid and are truly one of a kind. They hold 15 mounted art prints with room left over for you to add your own printed memories. They are beautiful as gifts or to keep to give to your children when they are all grown up. I am making one for my own daughter since she just requested one she loves them so much!

In life and love - Jen 













No comments: