Friday, May 17, 2013

Make-over Glamour Portraits for Bethany

Bethany is a bride of mine from about 8 years or so ago. I was there at her daughters first birthday party (with my film camera!), took beach portraits of them when she was pregnant with her second daughter, and did family portraits for all of them last year. I was so excited when Bethany finally worked up the nerve to ask me to take glamour portraits of her. 

She is shy in front of the camera and not someone who would normally choose to have her own personal portraits taken. But she said that she wanted her daughters to have something to look at and see who she was as they grew older. 

 The one thing that most of us love to do as time goes by is pull out the family albums and look at old photos. I often think about the portraits I have of my own grandparents that I am so glad I have. I can see how my daughter and I look like them. (: 

I love that I get to give women this gift of how beautiful they are. If you know Bethany you know she is funny, artistic, a great mama, and a beautiful person on both the inside and outside. Here is how I see her. 

Love who you are. Right now. - Jen


















No comments: