Tuesday, May 21, 2013

Surprise Proposal at Portland Head Light 5.18.13

This proposal turned out to be one of the most anxiety ridden hours for me in a long time. I was so nervous for Brian! I also got the chance to be a spy which was really cool. I have decided I would be a very good agent...if I had a smaller backpack and cameras. (:

Brian called me a few days before this proposal actually took place. As we talked on the phone we realized this would be a little tricky in some ways. As a 'AA' eastern league baseball coach he was in Maine for the Seadogs games in Portland for one week. If the game on Saturday went into extra innings  then he would need to move the proposal to Sunday evening. So I would need to be by the phone and wait for his text that we were set to go. The game went as planned though and Saturday it was!

He wanted to propose here at the Portland Head Light at Ft. Williams in Cape Elizabeth, ME. It is such a beautiful location so it was a natural choice for a romantic surprise proposal. I drove out to meet him so we could figure out exactly where he and Lauen would stand and where I could be in relation to them. And I convinced him to let me take just a few quick portraits of the two of them before they went for dinner at 555 in downtown Portland. 

Lauren was obviously surprised and overwhelmed with emotion. She handled everything beautifully including turning around to see me wave at her! She is so very sweet and kind. I was glad to have met them both and been able to capture this momentous event in their lives. 

Here are a few of my favorite moments from the evening. I wish them a wonderful wedding and many years of happiness together!! 

In life and love- Jen












No comments: